Guidelines of Universal Stewardship
Follow the golden rule:
- “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” or in simpler terms “treat others the way you want others to treat you.”
- Don’t do unto others what you don’t want others to do unto you.
Guidelines: Only 5 things to do or follow.
- Love creates transparency. Love creates clarity. Love transcends all. Express your love in thoughts or feeling, in words, in gestures, in deeds or in your conduct. Share the love. Don’t keep it inside. Never be ashamed to hug your loved ones. Go ahead and say it or write it: “I love you”. Love is to be shared and never to be tested.
- Enjoy the love of your loved ones. Awaken the love that is inside you. Never allow hate, insecurity, hostility, animosity, atrocity, abomination or detestation drown the love inside you.
- The need to belong or to unite is a catalyst that can’t be ignored. Temper your need to belong with LOVE. Love does not just apply towards others, it applies to yourself as the individual. Love should never be limited to people within your ideological circle, religion or family. Learn to love everything in this universe. Enjoy life. Enjoy your surroundings. Enjoy mother earth. Love transcends all.
- Share your prosperity, share your abundance, share your knowledge, share your acquisitions and most of all share the love that is in your heart. Be kind. Kindness allows us to reach out. Kindness is a great way to communicate. Try to be helpful. Try to do a something good for yourself and others. Be compassionate. Try not to tease or insult others. Share your abundance and be generous whenever possible.
- Prosperity comes with work, you need focus and determination to follow and realize your goals, hopes and dreams. Hope is inherent in all of us. You can beat a person down but if he has a shred of hope in him, he will stand up and fight. Hope can lead a person to prosperity.
- Prosperity is threefold: Material prosperity, Intellectual prosperity, and spiritual prosperity. The acquisition of material and intellectual prosperity does not guarantee us happiness. Reaching for spiritual prosperity touches happiness, it touches love. For humanity to prosper, we must share, we must be involved. Humans are born selfish! Parents and Adults must teach children to share. As you chip away at your “rock of selfishness”, sharing becomes easier. Conversations and relationships become less & less difficult.
- Develop what you can but with the attitude of sustainable development for posterity. Harvest the bounty of the world but always let nature return to its living splendor. You are the steward of your body and soul and of this universe. Develop your body, your mind and soul. But never deprive others or this universe in the process of your development. Having the ability to SHARE embedded in our soul: Makes us: generous, kind, helpful, merciful, compassionate, amiable and tender. Be compassionate and try to alleviate the needy, the suffering, the sorrow and misfortune of others. Sharing makes the universe a better place. Learn to share the cheapest and most abundant human positive commodity, the SMILE. A smile is irresistible, compelling, persuasive, contagious, and catching. A simple smile can change the life of an individual to help build a kinder and braver universe to fight evil.
- Be generous, kind and helpful but never let this be under pressure or coercion from others. Let this come from your heart. Generosity or being helpful must not be a result of an incentive to being rewarded for the “good deed”. It must not come from bribery to be reciprocated. Give with and from the goodness of your heart without expecting reciprocation. Giving as a result of guilt without atonement is simply a way “buying” personal satisfaction.
- If we have LOVE and RESPECT in our hearts and we are willing to SHARE that love and respect, the good will always triumph over evil.
- The instinct for survival and the freedom of choice combined with the inherent need to belong breeds vanity in every human being. We need to discipline our thoughts, words and deeds so we may successfully do these 3:
- Do not Cheat
- One of the hardest thing to do. Almost instinctively we try to cheat when trying to have, attain or crave something that we don’t have. When we cheat, we do not only lie to others, we lie to ourselves.
- Do not Insult
- We learn to tease (insult) as children. When teased, children get very angry and they emotionally get hurt. As we grow to be adults we become experts at insulting each other. Battles, wars, and killings are started by simple insults. A person who insults another does not respect the other person. If you respect an individual or anything you will not insult. GIVE RESPECT. DO NOT EXPECT RESPECT.
- Do not make a mockery of the shortcomings of others.
- Do not Deprive
- To take away, remove, deny, keep away, withhold from the enjoyment or possession. Deprivation of life, communication, freedom, education, food, shelter, (basic needs), etc… When an individual is denied of certain privileges, not because he or she has done something wrong but because his/her culture or society simply dictates it, is a form of deprivation.
I am old now, yet I can’t master these 5 things that I came up with in 1969. I continue to hurt the people I love. But this does not mean that I have given up.
- Find atonement and repentance when you Cheat, Insult or Deprive. The first step towards repentance or atonement is apology. Then this will lead you to forgiveness. You must find the humility to apologize for your wrong doings, then forgive yourself and others. This will develop an attitude in your heart to be able to forgive others. Do not get stuck in resentment and harbor hatred and vengeance and the idea of getting even. Forgive but do not forget. Learn from your experience so it may not repeat itself. At the end of the day, thank GOD for all your experiences (bad or good), thank God for your passion, thank God that you are human and have emotions.
- Repentance or atonement is for the offender himself. It is his way of setting himself free. Apology or penance done for the offended only satisfies the need for retribution. However, forgiveness without the need for retribution will set you free. The yearning for getting even vanishes into thin air. You become a better person.
- Our thoughts, words and deeds always have consequences. Ultimately,We will be held accountable for the positive or negative effects of our thoughts, words and deeds.
Remember these words:
- Do not Cheat. Do not Insult. Love but never deprive, share and be balanced and you will be ENLIGHTENED.
Go to the next topic: Principles of Universal Stewardship