Most of the negative things that happen to us and around us can be attributed to disconnection.
- Poverty: Disconnection certainly creates and maintains poverty.
Our lives are revolved around people and our environment. We want and actually crave to stay connected. The social media, newspapers, radio, television, entertainment industry, schools, organizations, religions and governments all exist to keep people connected. We crave connectivity. It enhances our lives and most of the time brightens our day.
Being connected allows an individual to properly trade. Trading gives an individual the ability to get funding. Without funding we can’t survive. Connection leads to security and prosperity.
The security and prosperity of every creature on earth is based on the ability to bond and stay connected. Disconnection leads to so many negative results. Poverty and death (suicide and starvation) are the most prominent negative effects. Most people lose hope when they are disconnected. Nations and organizations fall apart when disconnection sets in.
Do not underestimate the power of a handshake, an eye-contact or a casual conversation. These are the building blocks of a powerful relationship. God created us. He did not create you to be alone. He created you to be with us. Anyone can climb out of the pit of poverty if he/she grabs onto the lifeline of relationships.
- Depression, Separation : The most important connection that many people take for granted is the connection with family. Most of us need support. We can get support from friends, peers and organizations but there is nothing stronger than the support from family. However, a family can’t support us if we are disconnected. Vanity, greed and the unwillingness to apologize and forgive break and keep families apart.
Try to be nice. Being nice is like having a magnet towards goodness, great relationships and opportunities to prosperity.
- Death of a loved one, family or friend causes disconnection and enhances depression. Disputes and conflicts contributes to disconnection and can lead to depression. Being alone and disconnected from people can cause depression.
- War: Alliances are lost. Countries continue to be at war with each other because of disconnection. The attitude is that of its them against us.
- Violence: Physical, emotional or sexual abuse will lead to disconnection.
- Cheating: This is one of the quickest way to break a great relationship.
- Disrespect: Show disrespect and there is almost an instantaneous disconnection.